There is this fantastic, innovative, and very much needed product or app that will change the world. The problem is it exists only in your mind. Is there a way to make it real for others too, you wonder? We talked to our partner, innovator, and creator of Ritual, Jared Woock, about his journey from dream to reality and how everything you can imagine IS real.
A Personal Journey
Being an entrepreneur is more than a job. It is a calling. A way of living. A personal journey. Jared felt the entrepreneurial itch for the first time in 2010. Four years later, he came up with an idea. At first, it was more like a hobby that he worked on a couple of hours every night for a couple of weeks. When he finished, he put it on the shelf without taking it seriously.
“A couple of days later, I had a Eureka moment and realized the potential that my product had in the world. Ever since, I have been excited about getting my product to market.” – Jared Woock
For three years, he was looking for the right partner to help him on his innovator’s journey. Today, he is working on his incredible product together with IdeaPros. We are looking forward to launching Ritual somewhere around Christmas.
Jared’s company mission is to have the best powder shaker bottle on the market. To achieve that, they will be launching more bottles in the future and following these goals:
- Promote nutrition and physical fitness.
- Reduce food waste – 40% of food grown never gets to market.
- Fight hunger – reduce the amount of food waste to make food more available.
- Reduce Malnutrition – worldwide finding adequate nutrition can be difficult.
- Reduce plastic waste and be environmentally conscious.
- Focus attention and energy to deliver food aid to natural disaster areas in 10 – 15 years.
In this day and age, having a successful business means more than just earning money. It means your organization has a purpose. Purpose-driven companies have more chances to prosper in the long run, which makes focusing on your long-term goals from the beginning crucial. These goals reflect in your product and make the secret sauce to success.
“Purpose-driven entrepreneurship is going to be the norm in the future.” – Fred Cary
During his innovator’s journey from dream to reality, Jared learned a thing or two. He is happy to share some of the insights with fellow entrepreneurs:
- Don’t take the next step without completing the first. Think about your goals and what you want to accomplish, but it helps if you focus clearly on the task you are on.
- If it were easy, everyone would do it. Be prepared to work hard.
- Knowledge is power. Learn as much as you can and never stop learning.
- Prepare a plan or plan to fail.
- Do cost and benefit analysis. Try to understand that there’s a cost to do something, and a cost to do nothing.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. If you are the smartest person in the room then you will not learn anything new.
- Learn to crawl before you can walk, walk before you can run, and run before you can fly.
“Don’t forget folks… entrepreneurship takes a long time, but with the right attitude you are going to get to the end. And that’s where things start happening.” – Fred Cary
The “Idea Pros” at IdeaPros have the resources, experience, and tools to help you at this step or any step in the entrepreneurial journey.
We partner with entrepreneurs at any stage and who are ready to invest their ideas. Apply for an interview and let’s explore partnering together.